This guide gives step-by-step instructions on how to get setup and connected with the JackTrip App on your computer.
Download the JackTrip app according to your operating system.
Connect your stuff
Connect your audio gear to your computer with a USB cable, and connect your computer to your router with an ethernet cable (Wifi doesn't really work).
Use headphones to prevent feedback loops!
Make sure to get the latest drivers for your audio device from your device manufacturer.
Other setup notes:
- Use a wired ethernet connection to the internet. We recommend these adapters from UGreen: USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt 3.
- Use headphones to prevent a feedback loop!
- Launch the installer we just downloaded
- Follow the installer prompts
- When it asks you if you’d like to log in with your Virtual Studio account, say YES
- Create an account if you don’t already have one
- Accept app permissions if prompted (Especially on MacOS- you need the microphone permission!)
Connect to a Studio
After you finish logging in an selecting audio devices, you should see something like this:
Click “Join” to connect to a studio. If the studio you want to join isn’t running, tell your host to start it!
If you'd like to host your own studio, check out How to Host a Studio
Invite other people
Whenever you're connected to a studio, you can invite other people by sending them the invite link.
Clicking "Invite" will copy the link to your clipboard, which you can then send to someone else. They'll be added to the studio subscriber list and prompted to download the App to get connected.
Hosting your own studio
Want to host your own studio? Check out How to Host a Studio
Joining with a JackTrip Bridge
If you have a bridge, you should instead read How to Join with a JackTrip bridge. You do not need to install the JackTrip Desktop app if you have a bridge.
We’re dealing with some cutting edge stuff. If anything goes wrong, never fear! We’ve got you covered.
Check out our help site: https://help.jacktrip.org/
Submit a support ticket: https://help.jacktrip.org/hc/en-us/requests/new
Or you can email email@example.com