In order to use your Virtual Studio device and connect with others, you need to register it to your JackTrip account.
There are currently two different ways to register your device:
- By logging into your account, going to https://app.jacktrip.org/devices and following the links provided
- By using an app on your phone to find the device via Bluetooth
This guide will show you how to do it via the second method.
Not only is this method fast and easy, it can be a helpful alternative in case the first method runs into issues with home internet connections.
1. Set up your Virtual Studio device
2. Download the BLE Scanner app on your phone or tablet
In order to find the device via bluetooth, we'll need an app that can find nearby bluetooth beacons. There are lots of apps for this, but we recommend BLE Scanner, which is easy to find and install on Android or iOS.
3. Look for "Eddystone (URI)" on the BLE Scanner app
- Find "Eddystone (URI)" broadcasting a URL.
- Click "Open URL"
- Login. (Make sure you log in with the correct account!)
Once you've done that, you should land directly on the "New Device Registration" page.
Here's what it looks like on an Android phone:
left: BLE Scanner app, center: login page, right: device registration page
If you would like to rename your device, please feel free to do so here. Click or tap the “Register Device” button to complete the registration process.
That's it! Your device is now registered.
If you're setting up a Virtual Studio device for the first time, click here to go back to the first time setup guide.