Please note that the vast majority of people with standard router configurations do not need to follow these steps.
Most Internet firewalls are configured by default to allow all outbound (egress) traffic that originates from your home network. This is uncommon, but if you run into problems with not being able to hear any sound, you may need to update your firewall's configuration to allow the following outbound traffic:
- For configuration: TCP port 443 (HTTPS)
- For synchronizing time: UDP port 123 (NTP)
- For latency and packet loss testing: ICMP
- For JackTrip servers: TCP port 4464 and 7881 and UDP ports 61002-62000 and UDP ports 50000-60000
- For Jamulus servers: UDP port 22124