jackfruit is an SSH client for the Virtual Studio Raspberry Pi.
I am a parent volunteer for my children youth choir Cantabile. As part of my interaction with our singers to help them with technical issues, there are occasions when I need to ask them to check on the status of the Raspberry Pi box (for example: checking a ping value from the box to the local gateway ...). I've found that asking our singers to
- install an SSH client,
- then login,
- then type various UNIX commands was a tall task and error prone.
This tool is my attempt to make that task simpler. You can think if jackfruit as a diagnostic tool that let you query your jacktrip device for information.
You can download jackfruit from https://github.com/hung-le/jackfruit/wiki#download
You can use jackfruit to
- Get log files for the following processes
- Get device volume levels
- Perform local headphone test
- Test microphone: Record a 10 seconds clip using your microphone. No server/network.
- Test playback: Playback the 10 seconds recording. No server/network.
- List sound devices.
- List PCMs.
- Get network interface (IP number ...)
- Routing: To verify current routing info. Useful for getting the local gateway IP.
- Ping gateway: Ping from the box to local gateway.
- Ping loopback test server: To ping the loopback test server. Note the IP might need to be adjusted.
- Check TCP port 4464 of loopback test server
- Get jack process info
- Get jacktrip process info
- Get all proceses